Contact us by .
40 Misgav Ladach Street
36 Misgav Ladach Street
Jewish Quarter, Old City
Jerusalem 97500 Israel
The Temple Institute
PO Box 31876
Jerusalem, Israel 91317
Rabbi Chaim Richman Director
Yitzchak Reuven Assistant Director
Samara Hendrickson Secretary
For more information, or to plan your visit in advance,
How to Reach Us
40 Misgav Ladach Street
From the Western Wall (buses #1 & #3)
From the Western Wall plaza, walk up the stairs leading to the Jewish Quarter. (When you walk away from the Wall, the stairs are located diagonally to the left). As you ascend the steps you will see on your right the Temple Institute's Golden Menorah, which stands in Menorah Square. As you continue to ascend to the top of the stairs you will arrive at Misgav Ladach Street. Turn left and you will see before you, "The Holy Temple Visitors Center."
From the Jewish Quarter Parking Lot (bus #38, 38A, 8, 83)
Walk through the parking lot, passing the Sephardic Center on your right. Walk to the central square of the Jewish Quarter. Cross the square diagonally, passing the bank on your left. Continue walking down Tiferet Yisrael Street, passing the Bagel Shop on your right. At the restaurant on the corner (at the end of the street), turn right. This is Misgav Ladach Street. Look for the sign, "The Holy Temple Visitors Center" on the right side of the street.
The exhibition halls of the Temple Institute feature:
- the vessels and instruments that have thus far been constructed for use in the rebuilt Holy Temple
- scale models of the Second Temple, the outer altar and the Ark of the Covenant
- original oil paintings portraying daily life in the Holy Temple
- Visitors Center Gift Shop, specializing in publications, films, and educational materials about the Holy Temple
The Temple Institute's Holy Temple Visitors' Center Welcomes You!
Visiting Hours and Tours
- Open: Sun.-Thurs. 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Fri. 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
- It is advisable to arrive at least 1 hour before closing time.
- Individuals and groups of up to 20 people do not require advance booking.
- During visiting hours, personal audio headsets with English-language explanation are provided for self-guided tours without prior reservation.
- Guided audio tours in 9 languages: Hebrew, English, French, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese (Mandarin) and Amharic.
- It is advisable to check with the office one day prior to your visit just to make sure that there are no large groups scheduled at the time that you plan to arrive.
Groups of over 20 participants are advised to book their visit in advance.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE:
To make a group reservation in advance by email, please click . Please state the preferred date & time for your visit and how many participants.
Entrance fee at the door:
- Adult / Child: 35 ILS
- Children up to 3 years, no admission fee
- Disabled: 30 ILS
- Groups numbering 15 people or more: 30 ILS per individual
- Groups numbering 15 people or more, that reserve with the office at least 1 day in advance: 25 ILS per individual
- A tour with a guide is an additional 200 ILS - must be reserved in advance and pre-paid.
- The tour is approximately 40 minutes long.
- To make reservations with the office: Tel. 02-6264545, e-mail:,