The Temple Institute's Holy Temple Visitors Center
Bringing the Awesome World of the Holy Temple to an Unprecedented Level of Understanding
The Temple Institute's Holy Temple Visitors Center includes a highly advanced, state-of-the-art presentation of the Temple-ready sacred vessels created by the Institute, garments of the High Priest, oil-paintings depicting aspects of the Divine service of the Holy Temple and a model of the Holy Temple Complex. Visitors will also be able to see a scaled-down stone altar, made in accordance with Torah law, transportable and completely ready for use on the Temple Mount.
Additionally, the new center affords guests the opportunity to view all new video productions, (currently under preparation), describing the history of the Holy Temple, its role in the prophetic time in which we are living and our role as members of the human race who seek the rebuilding of the Holy Temple and the fulfillment of the words of Isaiah: "For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations." (Isaiah 56:7)
The new center also includes a spacious gift shop.
Location: 40 Misgav Ladach St., Jewish Quarter (Directly above the Yehudah HaLevi stairs which lead from the Jewish Quarter to the Western Wall Plaza.)
VISITS TO THE NEW CENTER ARE CONDUCTED ONLY IN GROUPS, led by a guide. The guided visit is approximately one hour and individuals who arrive at the Center are joined to a group. Guided groups in English take place at 15:15, Sunday through Thursday. Guided groups in Hebrew take place at 12:30, Sunday through Thursday, and at 10:30, Friday mornings.
How to Reach Us
40 Misgav Ladach Street
From the Western Wall (buses #1 & #3)
From the Western Wall plaza, walk up the stairs leading to the Jewish Quarter. (When you walk away from the Wall, the stairs are located diagonally to the left). As you ascend the steps you will see on your right the Temple Institute's Golden Menorah, which stands in Menorah Square. As you continue to ascend to the top of the stairs you will arrive at Misgav Ladach Street. Turn left and you will see before you, "The Holy Temple Visitors Center."
From the Jewish Quarter Parking Lot (bus #38 & 38A)
Walk through the parking lot, passing the Sephardic Center on your right. Walk to the central square of the Jewish Quarter. Cross the square diagonally, passing the bank on your left. Continue walking down Tiferet Yisrael Street, passing the Bagel Shop on your right. At the restaurant on the corner (at the end of the street), turn right. This is Misgav Ladach Street. Look for the sign, "The Holy Temple Visitors Center" on the right side of the street.
The exhibition halls of the Temple Institute feature:
- the vessels and instruments that have thus far been constructed for use in the rebuilt Holy Temple
- scale models of the Second Temple, the outer altar and the Ark of the Covenant
- original oil paintings portraying daily life in the Holy Temple
- Visitors Center Gift Shop, specializing in publications, films, and educational materials about the Holy Temple
Visiting Hours and Tours/Reservations
TOUR SCHEDULE FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- ENGLISH: Sundays - Thursdays at 11:30 and 15:15, Fridays at 10:00.
- HEBREW: Sundays - Thursdays at 12:30 and at 16:30, Fridays at 11:00.
Tour schedule from July 19th - August 13th (including):
Sundays - Thursdays:
- ENGLISH: 11:30 , 13:15 , 15:15.
- HEBREW: 10:30 , 11:45 , 12:30, 13:30 , 14:30 , 15:30 , 16:30, 17:30, 18:30.
Fridays: ENGLISH 10:00 a.m. HEBREW tour at 11:00
- July 23rd - the following tours are cancelled: 13:15 ENGLISH, 14:30 HEBREW, 15:30 HEBREW.
- July 26th, the Tisha B'Av fast day: ENGLISH: 11:30, 15:15 HEBREW: 10:30, 11:45, 12:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30, 16:30.
- August 6th & 13th: The HEBREW tour at 11:45 is cancelled.
GROUPS MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE!
CONTACT OUR OFFICE:
To make a group reservation in advance by email, please click . Please state the preferred date & time for your visit and how many participants.
Opening hours (for group reservations):
Sundays - Thursdays: 9:00-19:00, Fridays and holiday eves: 9:00-12:00, Saturdays (Shabbat): closed.
Entrance fee at the door:
- Groups of twenty or more: 20 shekel per adult, 18 shekel per child, (from 4 to 17 years old).
- Groups between ten to nineteen people, 25 shekel per adult, 20 shekel per child, (from 4 to 17 years old).
- Private groups under ten people, 35 shekel per participant [minimum order: 140 ILS].
- Individuals who wish to join the prescheduled tours in English or Hebrew, 25 shekel per adult, 20 shekel per child, (from 4 to 17 years old).
- Groups numbering thirty five or more will be divided into two separate groups. The second group will enter the exhibition 15 minutes after the first group enters.
- The tour is approximately 1 hour long.
Group reservations must be made in advance. To make a reservation in advance by email, please click , or write us directly at . Please designate your preferred time for your visit.
Reservations can also be made by phone or by fax: