Contact us by .
40 Misgav Ladach Street
36 Misgav Ladach Street
Jewish Quarter, Old City
Jerusalem 97500 Israel
The Temple Institute
PO Box 31876
Jerusalem, Israel 91317
Rabbi Chaim Richman Director
Yitzchak Reuven Assistant Director
Samara Hendrickson Secretary
For more information, or to plan your visit in advance,
How to Reach Us
40 Misgav Ladach Street
From the Western Wall (buses #1 & #3)
From the Western Wall plaza, walk up the stairs leading to the Jewish Quarter. (When you walk away from the Wall, the stairs are located diagonally to the left). As you ascend the steps you will see on your right the Temple Institute's Golden Menorah, which stands in Menorah Square. As you continue to ascend to the top of the stairs you will arrive at Misgav Ladach Street. Turn left and you will see before you, "The Holy Temple Visitors Center."
From the Jewish Quarter Parking Lot (bus #38 & 38A)
Walk through the parking lot, passing the Sephardic Center on your right. Walk to the central square of the Jewish Quarter. Cross the square diagonally, passing the bank on your left. Continue walking down Tiferet Yisrael Street, passing the Bagel Shop on your right. At the restaurant on the corner (at the end of the street), turn right. This is Misgav Ladach Street. Look for the sign, "The Holy Temple Visitors Center" on the right side of the street.
The exhibition halls of the Temple Institute feature:
- the vessels and instruments that have thus far been constructed for use in the rebuilt Holy Temple
- scale models of the Second Temple, the outer altar and the Ark of the Covenant
- original oil paintings portraying daily life in the Holy Temple
- Visitors Center Gift Shop, specializing in publications, films, and educational materials about the Holy Temple
Visiting Hours and Tours/Reservations
TOUR SCHEDULE FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- ENGLISH: Sundays - Thursdays at 11:30 and 15:15, Fridays at 10:00.
- HEBREW: Sundays - Thursdays at 12:30 and at 16:30, Fridays at 11:00.
Tour schedule from July 19th - August 13th (including):
Sundays - Thursdays:
- ENGLISH: 11:30 , 13:15 , 15:15.
- HEBREW: 10:30 , 11:45 , 12:30, 13:30 , 14:30 , 15:30 , 16:30, 17:30, 18:30.
Fridays: ENGLISH 10:00 a.m. HEBREW tour at 11:00
- July 23rd - the following tours are cancelled: 13:15 ENGLISH, 14:30 HEBREW, 15:30 HEBREW.
- July 26th, the Tisha B'Av fast day: ENGLISH: 11:30, 15:15 HEBREW: 10:30, 11:45, 12:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30, 16:30.
- August 6th & 13th: The HEBREW tour at 11:45 is cancelled.
GROUPS MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE!
CONTACT OUR OFFICE:
To make a group reservation in advance by email, please click . Please state the preferred date & time for your visit and how many participants.
Opening hours (for group reservations):
Sundays - Thursdays: 9:00-19:00, Fridays and holiday eves: 9:00-12:00, Saturdays (Shabbat): closed.
Entrance fee at the door:
- Groups of twenty or more: 20 shekel per adult, 18 shekel per child, (from 4 to 17 years old).
- Groups between ten to nineteen people, 25 shekel per adult, 20 shekel per child, (from 4 to 17 years old).
- Private groups under ten people, 35 shekel per participant [minimum order: 140 ILS].
- Individuals who wish to join the prescheduled tours in English or Hebrew, 25 shekel per adult, 20 shekel per child, (from 4 to 17 years old).
- Groups numbering thirty five or more will be divided into two separate groups. The second group will enter the exhibition 15 minutes after the first group enters.
- The tour is approximately 1 hour long.